Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Big Boy Room

So cute! If you ask Alex what his baby brother's name is he will proudly tell you it's Owen! I love it.
Today he kissed my belly and said "Hi, Owen! Bye! Call me!"

We have started the process of getting Alex's big boy room ready for him. It is surprisingly a much more emotional task than I had anticipated. For some reason I am starting to get a little sad/freaked out about moving him out of his nursery! (But I am also having a hard time dealing with him turning 2!)
It will still be a while before the room is ready, so I have time to adjust, but I think I might cry before it is all said and done.

We decided to move his room way before Owen's arrival. We don't want him to have too much change at once or to feel like his little brother is taking over and booting him out of his own room! So we are going to pick out paint colors and start getting his new space ready for him. Hopefully he will be all settled in and adjusted long before Owen is born.

As soon as we figure out what direction we are going with the room I will post pictures. We are thinking of doing a car and/or airplane theme!